Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Memento



It's been more than two weeks since I found out that my little one didn't have a heart beat. I have gone through more emotions that I can count, and many times they all hit me at once. My heart still hurts, but I find that these days have brought healing and the beginning of what I know to be peace.

When we found out we were pregnant, my husband and I looked on the online site to see what our little one looked like at that stage of life. Our baby at that point,we found, didn't look very human, but rather quite reptilian. My husband remarked that our baby looked like a dinosaur, to which I responded, "Rawr," and so the name stuck.

Recently, we ordered a plushie to remind us of "Rawr." There were quite a variety of choices, but when we both saw this "dreamy eyes" tyrannosaurus, we knew we had to order it.





Dreamy Eyes T-Rex



Having something tangible to hold during times of grief has helped me more than I thought it would, and I am very happy that we ordered it.

I realize that this is just the beginning of a very long road that lay ahead, but with the help of my family, friends, and most importantly, God, I know I will make it through.

-Natalie






No comments:

Post a Comment